Drink-Mix & Electrolyte Ready! Unrivaled Ease, Speed & Convenience. No other purifier rivals the speed, simplicity and effectiveness of GeoPress. In eight seconds, it makes 24 ounces (710 ml) of clean drinking water anywhere on earth. Tap into the world’s water sources and drink from sketchy spigots, hotel sinks, murky rivers, wells or lakes. Removes global waterborne pathogens (virus, bacteria, protozoan cysts) and filters pesticides, chemicals, heavy metals, and microplastics. Also improves taste, smell and clarity.
- Unrivaled ease, speed and versatility — simply Fill. Press. Drink®
- OnePress® Global Protection empowers travelers, adventurers and survivalists to make the world’s sketchiest freshwater sources clean.
- Removes waterborne pathogens (virus, bacteria, protozoan cysts), including Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Giardiasis, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery and more.
- Filters particulates (sediment, microplastics). Ultra-powdered activated carbon adsorbs many chemicals (including PFAS & VOCs), pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, flavors and odors.
- One-Way Silicone Valve, Drink-Mix & Electrolyte Ready! New cartridge design and One-Way Drink Mix Valve (pre-installed) allows electrolytes and sport drink mixes to be added to your clean purified water without compromising the integrity of the filter cartridge media. Also allows GeoPress to be used with a variety of beverages such as juice, bubbly water, mocktails and cocktails.
- Virtually no setup time and industry leading "fastest" flow rate (5 liters per minute). Filters and purifies in a blazing fast 8 seconds.
- RiverFlow® Spout. A wide contoured spout delivers a fast flow of water for chugging, filling hydration reservoirs and other bottles.
- Multi-functional SimpleVent® Drink Cap. Twist the cap 1/2 turn to vent air during filtration and purification process; protects spout from cross-contamination.
- SoftPress® Pads. Comfortable pressing pad provides for an ergonomic, non-slip pressing surface.
- TPE TopoGrip®. Durable, tactile non-slip performance grip placed on all heavy use surfaces.
- Non-Slip TPE Bumper. Non-slip base provides durable protection and withstands drops (at full capacity) up to 10'.
- Saves money and waste. Travel sustainably and never buy single-use bottled water again
- Meets or exceeds the United States Environmental Protection Agency's Water Purifier standard for microbiological filtration.
- Capacity: 24 oz (710 ml)
- Weight: 15.9 oz (450 g)
- Height: 10.4" (26.5 cm)
- Diameter (at base): 3.4" (8.6 cm)
- Active Technology: Electroadsorption and ultra-powdered activated carbon.
- Fastest Flow Rate: 8 seconds per 24oz (5 liters/minute)
- Removes: waterborne pathogens (99.99% of viruses, 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.9% of protozoan cysts), including Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Giardiasis, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery and more.
- Filters: particulates (i.e. silt, microplastics, etc.); ultra-powdered activated carbon effectively adsorbs chemicals (including PFAS & VOCs), pesticides, heavy metals, flavors, and odors.
- One-Way Electrolyte & Drink Mix Valve: six duck bill valves prevent back flowing of water (or other beverages) through the Cartridge (Version 2) while also allowing clean filtered water to pass through the Cartridge into the Inner Press.
- Durability: built tough to perform in harsh conditions and withstand 10 ft drops at full capacity onto concrete.
- Cartridge lifespan: rated for 350 cycles (65 gal. / 250L), as “press time” reaches ~25 seconds (or three years have elapsed since first use) it’s time to replace your purifier cartridge.
- Cartridge shelf life: stored under proper conditions, an unopened Purifier Cartridge has a shelf life of 10 years. After a cartridge has been used, it lasts at least 3 additional years.
- BPA-Free materials: made from polypropylene #5, food-grade silicone, TPE, ABS food-grade plastic.
- Testing standards: independently tested by a certified laboratory to meet or exceed NSF/ANSI protocol 42 and 53 for pathogen and chemical removal; meets the the United States Environmental Protection Agency's Guide Standard and Protocol for testing microbiological water purifiers.
- Origin: designed in USA; GeoPress® bottle components made in China (purifier cartridge media made in USA).
- Warranty: The UltraPress™ Purifier Cartridge is accompanied by a ten (10) year warranty covering workmanship and materials.
- Replacement Parts: For replacement parts, purifier cartridges, performance ratings, frequently asked questions, or to contact us with questions or comments, please visit our support page.
FILL. PRESS. DRINK.
ONE-PRESS. 8 SECONDS.
Virtually no setup time, and fastest performance, GeoPress® purifies and filters contaminated water in 8 seconds (5 liters per minute) from any water source. From adventure travel to survival make the world’s sketchiest freshwater sources clean to drink from.
01 ROTATE & PULL APART
Grasp the Inner Press with one hand and the Outer Cup with the other, then pull apart. A quick twist helps to initiate separation.
02 FILL WITH DIRTY WATER
Fill from a stream or lake, or from any bathroom sink or rustic hostel tap.
03 VENT & PRESS
Twist the SimpleVent® cap 1/2 turn to allow air to vent during purification process. Utilizing your body weight, press with steady downward force.
04 DRINK PURIFIED WATER
Fast and easy; makes safe drinking water in 8 seconds - anywhere!
The silicone One-Way Valve prevents liquid from reversing direction and flowing back into the filter Cartridge. Allowing the use of electrolytes, drink mixes, and other beverages with your Grayl GeoPress® Filter & Purifier Bottle.
KEEP IT ON YOU.
KEEP IT EMPTY.
Bring the GeoPress® along for the ride as your empty lightweight vessel. There is no need to carry along a bottle thats heavy and filled to the top. Just Fill. Press. Drink. and be on your way with your empty Grayl.SHOP HIP PACKS TO CARRY
GEOPRESS®By Clicking the Link
The river’s at your feet... Taste it! GeoPress is your all-day companion with the capacity to hold 24 fluid ounces of purified water keeping you hydrated with each river fill-up.
A wide contoured spout delivers a fast flow of water.
Twist the cap 1/2 turn to vent air during purification process.
Large Carry Handle
Big enough for two-finger carry, or carabiner clip-it to your bag.
Holds 24 fl oz (710 ml) of clean, filtered and purified water. NOTE: Dirty water never enters the Inner Press.
Filters & purifies 8 seconds per 24 fl oz (5 liters/minute).350 presses (250L/65 gal).
Removes viruses plus bacteria and protozoa. Improves taste, smell and clarity. Filters microplastics, PFAS, and lead.
Durable, tactile non-slip grip material placed on all heavy use surfaces.
Max Fill Line
A maximum fill line is located on the backside of the Outer Cup. 24oz (710ml).
Soft, non-slip base provides durable protection.
A GeoPress® cartridge's lifespan is ~350 cycles (250 liters / 65 gallons); an UltraPress® cartridge's lifespan is ~300 cycles (150 liters / 40 gallons). The effective lifespan of a cartridge varies depending on the quality of the water sources a cartridge is exposed to—the clearer, the better. High levels of silt or sediment will shorten the lifespan of a cartridge. To maximize the effective lifespan of your cartridge always choose the clearest water available. If necessary, pre-filter the water using a handkerchief or t-shirt as you fill the Outer Cup.
As you use your GeoPress® or UltraPress®, the ‘press time’ will slowly increase with use. When ‘press time’ reaches ~25 seconds (or three years have elapsed since first use), it is time to replace your cartridge. Note: Especially cold water may take longer to press and does not indicate your cartridge needs to be replaced.
Stored under proper conditions, an unused (and airtight) cartridge has a shelf life of 10 years. Once a cartridge has been opened, it may be used for up to 3 years or until press time reaches ~25 seconds, indicating it is time to replace the cartridge.
Grayl cartridges can filter and purify virtually any freshwater source. Grayl filtration and purification technologies cannot desalinate water, so stay away from salty or brackish water. When treating freshwater, always begin with the cleanest (least silty, least contaminated) water available. For instance, streams and rivers are generally better than lakes and bogs, which often have higher levels of sediment or tannins.
Grayl cartridges are designed to remove low levels of chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, etc., but are NOT designed to protect against industrial disasters, coal ash spills, very high lead levels, mercury, nuclear disasters, high tannin concentrations or water that contains toxic blue-green algae (cyanobacteria). In these conditions, it is very important to find another water source.
Inside the purifier cartridge, non-woven ceramic fibers block and trap microorganisms and particulates with a very high electropositive charge, removing submicron contaminants through electroadsorption. Ultra-powdered activated carbon adsorbs chemicals, heavy metals, bad flavors and odors.
Thanks to the Spout Cap, it is easy to avoid cross contamination from the environment or untreated water. However, if dirty water does come into contact with the Inner Press, disassemble and wash the Grayl (not the cartridge) with soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Alternatively, thoroughly dilute potential contaminants by pressing and agitating water through a GeoPress® or UltraPress® purifier bottle 5-7 times.
Before putting your Grayl GeoPress® or UltraPress® away post-adventure, thoroughly dry out the cartridge to prevent growth of mildew and odors. Dry the cartridge by performing one ‘dry press’ by pressing the wet purifier into an empty (no water) Outer Cup and dumping excess water. Allow the cartridge to air-dry thoroughly (depending on humidity it will take 2-4 days to completely dry). Hand wash all other parts with warm, soapy water. For long-term storage, reassemble the unit to create an airtight seal for storage. Cartridges can last up to three years after opening if cared for properly between uses.
Yes, you may add electrolytes, drink mixes and other flavorings into your GeoPress® when it is equipped with a New! GeoPress® Cartridge (V2) and a One-Way Electrolyte & Drink-Mix Valve.
For bottles equipped with a cartridge sold pre-April 2023, we do not recommend adding flavoring or electrolytes directly into your GeoPress® because it can decrease the lifespan and efficacy of your cartridge. Instead, we recommend you pour your clean drinking water from your Grayl into another water vessel containing electrolytes or flavorings. Alternatively, upgrade to a GeoPress® Cartridge (V2) and add a One-Way Valve.
Both the UltraPress and the GeoPress offer the highest level of protection from waterborne pathogens (99.99% of virus, 99.9999% of bacteria, and 99.9% of protozoan cysts, including Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Giardiasis, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery) as well as many heavy metals, chemicals, and microplastics.
The GeoPress filters and purifies 24 ounces of water with each press and is the best option for groups and individuals looking for a higher capacity option.
The UltraPress filters and purifies 16.9 ounces with each press. The compact design is ideal for individuals looking to maximize space as the bottle fits in most backpack side pockets, bike water bottle cages, and cup holders.
Grayl products are made from: BPA-FREE polypropylene #5, food-grade silicone, TPE and ABS food-grade plastic. Grayl's bottles and cartridges are designed in Seattle, Washington, and manufactured by our partners in China. Grayl's filtration and purification media is produced in the United States.