Drink-Mix & Electrolyte Ready! Compact, fun, and ridiculously easy to use — the 16.9oz UltraPress® Purifier Bottle fits into any pack pocket (or cup holder), requires zero setup, and makes clean, great tasting drinking water in a mere 10 seconds (3L/min). On-the-go filtration and purification for the hiker, backpacker, camper, emergency prepper or global traveler seeking fast-flow purified water for chugging, filling hydration reservoirs, or cooking. Simply — Fill. Press. Drink.®
- Compact and ridiculously easy-to-use, the UltraPress fits into any pack pocket (or cup holder), requires zero setup, and makes clean purified drinking water in 10 seconds (3L/min).
- Award winning OnePress® global protection is effective on all 7 continents and empowers adventurers and travelers to drink from the world’s sketchiest freshwater sources. Simply — Fill. Press. Drink.®
- Removes waterborne pathogens including virus (e.g. Rotavirus, SARS, Hepatitis A, Norovirus), bacteria (e.g. E. coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery) and Protozoa (e.g. Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Amoebae).
- Ultra-powdered activated carbon filters particulates (sediment, microplastics) and adsorbs many chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, VOCs, flavors and odors.
- Replaceable purifier cartridge rated for 300 cycles (40 gal. / 150L).
- RiverFlow® spout delivers a fast-flow of clean drinking water for chugging, filling hydration reservoirs and other bottles.
- FlipCarry® handle rotates 90° for effortless separation (Inner Press from Outer ReFill) and easy carrying; provides a large pressing surface when flat.
- Multi-functional SimpleVent® drink cap vents air (by twisting cap ½ turn) during purification and filtration; protects spout from cross-contamination.
- SoftPress® ergonomic comfort pad (on drink cap) provides for non-slip, anti-fatigued pressing.
- TPE TopoGrip® placed on all heavy use surfaces for tactile, non-slip performance and durability.
- Capacity: 16.9 fl oz (500 ml)
- Weight: 12.5 oz (354 g)
- Height: 9.75" (24.77 cm)
- Diameter (at base): 2.95” (7.5 cm)
- Active Technology: Electroadsorption and ultra-powdered activated carbon.
- Fast-Flow Rate: 10 seconds per 16.9 fl oz (3 liters/minute)
- Removes: Waterborne pathogens (99.99% of viruses, 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.9% of protozoan cysts), including Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Giardiasis, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery and more.
- Filters: Particulates (sediment, microplastics) and ultra-powdered activated carbon adsorbs many chemicals (including PFAS & VOCs), pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, flavors and odors.
- Durability: built tough to perform in harsh conditions and withstands 10 ft drops (full of water) onto concrete.
- Cartridge Lifespan: 300 presses (150L/40 gal), as “press time” reaches ~25 seconds (or three years have elapsed since first use) it’s time to replace your purifier cartridge.
- Cartridge Shelf Life: Stored under proper conditions, an unopened Purifier Cartridge has a shelf life of 10 years. After a cartridge has been used, it lasts at least 3 additional years.
- Materials: Made from BPA-FREE polypropylene #5, food-grade silicone, TPE and ABS food-grade plastic.
- Testing Standards: Independently tested by a certified laboratory to meet or exceed NSF/ANSI protocols 42 and 53 for sediment, pathogen and chemical removal; meets the EPA Guide Standard and Protocol for testing microbiological water purifiers.
- Designed in USA. Cartridge media made in USA. Purifier bottle made in China.
- Grayl® purifier bottles are accompanied by a ten (10) year warranty covering workmanship and materials. We stand behind everything we sell. If you have a problem with your Grayl product, please reach out through customer support or LIVE CHAT.
- Replacement bottle parts and replacement cartridges are available for purchase on our website.
- Click here for online an online visual Quick Start Guide guide with step-by-step videos that contain the nuts and bolts for quickly getting up to speed with the UltraPress® Filter & Purifier Bottle.
FILL. PRESS. DRINK.
ONE-PRESS. 10 SECONDS.
Virtually no setup time, and fast performance, UltraPress® purifies and filters contaminated water in 10 seconds (3 liters per minute) from any water source. From adventure travel to survival make the world’s sketchiest freshwater sources clean to drink from.
01 ROTATE & PULL APART
Grasp the Inner Press with one hand and the Outer Cup with the other, then pull apart. A quick twist helps to initiate separation.
02 FILL WITH DIRTY WATER
Fill from a stream or lake, or from any bathroom sink or rustic hostel tap.
03 VENT & PRESS
Twist the SimpleVent® cap 1/2 turn to allow air to vent during purification process. Utilizing your body weight, press with steady downward force.
04 DRINK PURIFIED WATER
Fast and easy; makes safe drinking water in 8 seconds - anywhere!
The silicone One-Way Valve prevents liquid from reversing direction and flowing back into the filter Cartridge. Allowing the use of electrolytes, drink mixes, and other beverages with your Grayl UltraPress® Filter & Purifier Bottle.ADD AN EXTRA CARTRIDGE AND VALVEBy Clicking the Link
Bring the UltraPress® along for the ride as your empty lightweight vessel. There is no need to carry along a bottle thats heavy and filled to the top. Just Fill. Press. Drink. and be on your way with your empty Grayl.SHOP BOTTLELOCK HIP PACKSBy Clicking the Link
This reliable all-day companion is designed to keep up with your active lifestyle, fitting effortlessly into any pack pocket with its compact 16.9 fluid ounce size. Stay hydrated on the go with each river fill-up, and savor the taste of the water at your feet with UltraPress®.
A wide contoured spout delivers a fast flow of water.
Twist the cap 1/2 turn to vent air during purification process.
Comfortable pressing pad provides for an ergonomic, non-slip large pressing surface.
Rotates 90° allowing for easy carry and effortless separation of Inner Press from Outer Cup.
16.9 fl oz (500 ml) of clean, filtered and purified water. NOTE: Dirty water never enters the Inner Press.
Filters & purifies 10 seconds per 16.9 fl oz (3 liters/minute). 300 presses (150L/40 gal)
Removes viruses plus bacteria and protozoa. Improves taste, smell and clarity. Filters microplastics, PFAS, and lead.
Durable, tactile non-slip grip material placed on all heavy use surfaces.
Max Fill Line
A maximum fill line is located on the backside of the Outer Cup. 16.9oz (500ml).
Soft, non-slip base provides durable protection.
A GeoPress® cartridge's lifespan is ~350 cycles (250 liters / 65 gallons); an UltraPress® cartridge's lifespan is ~300 cycles (150 liters / 40 gallons). The effective lifespan of a cartridge varies depending on the quality of the water sources a cartridge is exposed to—the clearer, the better. High levels of silt or sediment will shorten the lifespan of a cartridge. To maximize the effective lifespan of your cartridge always choose the clearest water available. If necessary, pre-filter the water using a handkerchief or t-shirt as you fill the Outer Cup.
As you use your GeoPress® or UltraPress®, the ‘press time’ will slowly increase with use. When ‘press time’ reaches ~25 seconds (or three years have elapsed since first use), it is time to replace your cartridge. Note: Especially cold water may take longer to press and does not indicate your cartridge needs to be replaced.
Stored under proper conditions, an unused (and airtight) cartridge has a shelf life of 10 years. Once a cartridge has been opened, it may be used for up to 3 years or until press time reaches ~25 seconds, indicating it is time to replace the cartridge.
Grayl cartridges can filter and purify virtually any freshwater source. Grayl filtration and purification technologies cannot desalinate water, so stay away from salty or brackish water. When treating freshwater, always begin with the cleanest (least silty, least contaminated) water available. For instance, streams and rivers are generally better than lakes and bogs, which often have higher levels of sediment or tannins.
Grayl cartridges are designed to remove low levels of chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, etc., but are NOT designed to protect against industrial disasters, coal ash spills, very high lead levels, mercury, nuclear disasters, high tannin concentrations or water that contains toxic blue-green algae (cyanobacteria). In these conditions, it is very important to find another water source.
Inside the purifier cartridge, non-woven ceramic fibers block and trap microorganisms and particulates with a very high electropositive charge, removing submicron contaminants through electroadsorption. Ultra-powdered activated carbon adsorbs chemicals, heavy metals, bad flavors and odors.
Thanks to the Spout Cap, it is easy to avoid cross contamination from the environment or untreated water. However, if dirty water does come into contact with the Inner Press, disassemble and wash the Grayl (not the cartridge) with soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Alternatively, thoroughly dilute potential contaminants by pressing and agitating water through a GeoPress® or UltraPress® purifier bottle 5-7 times.
Before putting your Grayl GeoPress® or UltraPress® away post-adventure, thoroughly dry out the cartridge to prevent growth of mildew and odors. Dry the cartridge by performing one ‘dry press’ by pressing the wet purifier into an empty (no water) Outer Cup and dumping excess water. Allow the cartridge to air-dry thoroughly (depending on humidity it will take 2-4 days to completely dry). Hand wash all other parts with warm, soapy water. For long-term storage, reassemble the unit to create an airtight seal for storage. Cartridges can last up to three years after opening if cared for properly between uses.
Yes, you may add electrolytes, drink mixes and other flavorings into your GeoPress® when it is equipped with a New! GeoPress® Cartridge (V2) and a One-Way Electrolyte & Drink-Mix Valve.
For bottles equipped with a cartridge sold pre-April 2023, we do not recommend adding flavoring or electrolytes directly into your GeoPress® because it can decrease the lifespan and efficacy of your cartridge. Instead, we recommend you pour your clean drinking water from your Grayl into another water vessel containing electrolytes or flavorings. Alternatively, upgrade to a GeoPress® Cartridge (V2) and add a One-Way Valve.
Both the UltraPress and the GeoPress offer the highest level of protection from waterborne pathogens (99.99% of virus, 99.9999% of bacteria, and 99.9% of protozoan cysts, including Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Giardiasis, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery) as well as many heavy metals, chemicals, and microplastics.
The GeoPress filters and purifies 24 ounces of water with each press and is the best option for groups and individuals looking for a higher capacity option.
The UltraPress filters and purifies 16.9 ounces with each press. The compact design is ideal for individuals looking to maximize space as the bottle fits in most backpack side pockets, bike water bottle cages, and cup holders.
Grayl products are made from: BPA-FREE polypropylene #5, food-grade silicone, TPE and ABS food-grade plastic. Grayl's bottles and cartridges are designed in Seattle, Washington, and manufactured by our partners in China. Grayl's filtration and purification media is produced in the United States.